Build the skills you need to beautify the world. In this course, you will be introduced to the world of professional make-up and cosmetics, guided by a fully qualified beauty therapist. You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, practicing your growing skills in our fully operational training salons.
You will develop solid foundation skills, then move on to more advanced techniques, as well as building the customer service and communications skills that employers look for.
Please wear closed-toe shoes. No torn jeans or leggings.
A basic kit will be provided but you are also welcome to bring your own equipment and products to use.
Try out a career while you are still in school. Get a head start with hands-on experience AND a nationally recognised qualification!
You will study:
- SHBXIND003 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS003 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBINF002 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBMUP009 Design and apply make up
- SHBBMUP010 Design and apply make up for photography
- SHBBMUP008 Apply eyelash extensions
- SHBBCCS005 Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBCCS004 Demonstrate retail skin care products
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXOSM002 Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle stock
- SHBXCCS007 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXIND005 Communicate as part of a salon team
- SHBBRES003 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SIRRMER001 Produce visual merchandise displays
You need to opt into VDSS through your school.
Chat to your careers counsellor, pathways advisor or VDSS coordinator to learn more.
To learn more, schools can phone Gordon Talty, VDSS Coordinator, on 0417 607 818.