Are you interested in caring for and helping people?
There are lots of people in our community who need support to thrive – older people, people with a disability and children in an early learning environment. These are growing industries with great opportunities to build a rewarding career and make a real difference in people’s lives.
You will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge for work in aged care, disability support AND child care roles, giving you the chance to see what industries you like most.
Your own laptop or tablet if possible.
Try out a career while you are still in school. Get a head start with hands-on experience AND a nationally recognised qualification!
You will study:
- CHCCOM001 Provide first point of contact
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- BSBWOR201 Manage personal stress in the workplace
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills
You need to opt into VDSS through your school.
Chat to your careers counsellor, pathways advisor or VDSS coordinator to learn more.
To learn more, schools can phone Gordon Talty, VDSS Coordinator, on 0417 607 818.