Expressions of Interest 2024 – School Counsellor
We are a not-for-profit organisation, with dedicated teachers that make learning come to life through hands-on, practical education tailored to each student’s unique needs. We customise learning for students who struggle with mainstream school, as a part of that customisation is offering services to the students through our wellbeing team of youth workers, engagement officer and counsellors. We currently are offering senior school education and are expanding into years 9 & 10 (subject to approval).
- Deliver professional support service, including counselling for students with various mental health issues, applying sound theoretical knowledge and practical expertise.
- Plan and implement evidence-based intervention strategies for students with complex needs including collaborating with families, other professionals and agencies when appropriate, and manage the associated risks.
- Provide leadership and professional learning to others, such as teachers and other school wellbeing staff, to build the capacity of schools to improve learning and developmental outcomes of students.
- Not-for-profit access to salary packaging benefits.
- Rewarding role with a sense of purpose and community contribution.
- Professional registration with APHRA or AASW
- Clear Police Check
- Clear Working with Children Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Tertiary qualification/s in a relevant field with appropriate post-graduate qualification/s (such as mental health accreditation):
- Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- For Mental Health Nurse applicants, hold a Mental Health Nurse credential and membership with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses.
- For Occupational Therapist applicants, hold a Better Access to Mental Health endorsement.
- For Psychology applicants, specialisation in education and/or developmental psychology.
Please contact email@example.com for a copy of the position description.